- Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 November 2013 14:43
IRC Notice 2013/03
Adjustable Mast Foot and Forestay, 2014
The IRC Technical Committee has reviewed its decision earlier this year to amend the treatment of Adjustable Mast Foot and/or Forestay as announced by IRC Notice 2013/02, Adjustable Mast Foot and Forestay, 2014.
As a result, IRC Notice 2013/02, Adjustable Mast Foot and Forestay, 2014, is withdrawn and replaced by the following.
1. The text of IRC Rule 21.1.6 (b) will remain unchanged for 2014.
2. Boats will therefore retain the right to declare that they will not use while racing any systems capable of adjusting the mast foot and/or the forestay.
3. The rating adjustment will be reduced to approximately 50% of the current level and will in future be linked to the type of boat.
4. A boat with equipment capable of adjusting both the mast foot and the forestay will be rated higher than a boat capable of adjusting just one of these.
5. For guidance purposes only, the 2014 levels of adjustment will be of the order of:
|Boat||Either mast foot or forestay adjustable||Both mast foot and forestay adjustable|
|52' racing boat||+0.002||+0.003|
|70' racing boat||+0.003||+0.004|
6. The IRC Technical Committee considers that if a boat declares it will not adjust the mast foot or forestay while racing, but then actually does so, this would be committing a gross breach of a rule. Any such instances would be reported to the boat's MNA requesting action under RRS 69.
- Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 September 2013 14:58
Two new advice articles have been published on our website to help owners and industry professionals:
- Last Updated on Thursday, 01 August 2013 15:44
The Royal Yachting Association (GBR) and the RORC Rating Office have produced a guidance document for race organisers focussing on protests concerning alleged breaches of IRC measurement rules.
The document is informative and recommended reading for race organisers, DOWNLOAD it here.