- IRC Notice 2013/01 LP - Cutter rig
- IRC Changes for 2013 and 2014
- RORC IRC 2013 Yearbook corrections
- IRC 2013 Documentation
- IRC 2013 Rule changes and Congress minutes
- International IRC Congress 2012
- IRC2012 Notice 2012/02 Headsail Foot Offset
- Measurement guides for owners
- Headsail LLmax clarification
- Louay Habib interviews Mike Urwin
- Last Updated on Monday, 29 October 2012 16:24
Several Sailmakers have intentionally attempted to circumvent IRC rules 2.4 and 2.5 by developing headsail foot shelf profiles that artificially reduce the headsail measurements, reducing the IRC rating without a corresponding reduction in performance. To do this the curve of the foot is exaggerated to create a far larger foot shelf than required. This means that the measured tack point and clew point are not extended, and therefore move up the luff and leech, artificially reducing the sail’s dimensions.
On behalf of IRC certificate holders we have negotiated some excellent extra value into your certification... All IRC certificate holders now have an automatic subscription to every other issue of Seahorse Magazine - in digital format. We hope you soon discover why this iconic title continues to be the world's foremost sailboat racing magazine.
Your Complimentary subscription is activated by clicking on the link below and using your certificate number and passcode (as it appears at the bottom your IRC certificate) as the login information.